On April 17, 2019, the Charlotte Community Foundation proudly awarded our annual scholarships for higher education to students across Charlotte County. This could not have been done without the generosity of the many donors who have established scholarship funds allowing CCF to award $82,000. The evening celebrated the scholarship award recipients, recognized our donors and thanked the many volunteers who reviewed over 200 applications.
The Charlotte Community Foundation appreciates our partnership with Fawcett Memorial Hospital, as they once again sponsored the Scholarship Reception and reinforced their commitment to providing educational opportunities to all ages in Charlotte County.
The evening was emceed by Stacey Defenbaugh, News Anchor, NBC-2 News, and Bill Hawley, CEO/President Fawcett Memorial Hospital and CCF board member.
“The Charlotte Community Foundation is so pleased that 25 students will be receiving scholarship assistance for a total of $82,000 for the 2019-2020 academic year. These are our future nurses, doctors, therapists, EMTs/Paramedics, dentists and dental workers, engineers, teachers and business leaders. And many lives will be affected by the skills and abilities they will be acquiring as they continue their educations. We are also very appreciative of our donors and their tremendous generosity in making these scholarships available.”- Dr. Bob Peterson, 2019 Scholarship Chair
- Nora Penton Beatty Nursing Scholarship – for students participating in a nursing program or applying to participate in a nursing program.
- Nursing Scholarship – for students participating in a nursing program or applying to participate in a nursing program.
- Health Professions Scholarship – for anyone entering or attending a two-year or four-year EMT/paramedic or nursing program at Florida Southwestern College, Charlotte County campus, or Charlotte Technical College.
- Virginia B. Andes Healthcare Scholarship – for Charlotte County public high school graduates, residents or employees entering their 3rd or 4th year in a health care related field.
- Dennis Munholand Memorial Scholarship – for students entering the field of dentistry, dental hygiene and/or dental assistance.
- David Gerdel Memorial Scholarship – for Charlotte County public high school graduates entering the field of engineering.
- Leo Wotitzky Scholarship – for Charlotte County high school graduates attending post-secondary education institution or technical program.
- Cherian Family Scholarship – 1 scholarship for female Charlotte County high school graduates attending post-secondary education institution or technical program. 1 scholarship for female Charlotte County high school student attending a 2 year or 4-year degree in the medical field
- Young Family Scholarship – for any high school student interested in pursuing a career in Education